SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dtremit_gw

Maddening Miele dishwasher -- help!

14 years ago

I purchased a condo last year that came with a Miele dishwasher, which I believe was purchased in 2005. It definitely seemed like a plus when I bought the place -- and I will admit, it is incredibly quiet. It is a G 848 SCI model.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do a very good job actually *washing dishes*. I have been very careful about not overloading it -- I have seen happy Miele owners post pictures of their dishwashers with about 2x the dishes in them that I put in mine -- and yet I still get very inconsistent performance from it. I can't put in anything even moderately soiled; at best it comes out as dirty as it went in, and at worst the gunk on the pot ends up all over everything else in the dishwasher. (And I'm not talking about particularly dirty dishes, here -- rather, a pot with a thin layer of food on the bottom.) I have entirely given up on washing skillets; there's no way to load them into the dishwasher where they actually come out clean. Half the time, the silverware on the top rack comes out with half the utensils still dirty.

I have tried four different brands of detergent with very little variation in results. I have tried nearly every setting on the dishwasher, again, with no results. I have checked the filter at the bottom of the dishwasher; it is nearly always empty when I look at it.

I am at my wits' end with this appliance -- it cleans half as well as the $300 Frigidaire in my last rental apartment. Am I doing something terribly wrong -- some Miele trick I'm missing? Is there something I need to get serviced? It doesn't seem as if any of the spray arms are malfunctioning; they're just not working *well*.

Really hoping some other Miele owners can give me some feed back on this --

d.

Comments (2)