SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susie_que12

No basement floor, aweful smell and Oh Deer!

susie_que
15 years ago

One of my customers told me I'd fall in love with my own house again once I started looking at property and boy was she right!

It was like and episode of House Hunters...3 totally different houses-all had something not so right going on.

The first we went to see was the yellow victorian with the huge garage. From the outside it is so adorable however inside the rooms were SMALL!! I live in a row home that is larger than this single. No dining room-just and eat in kitchen and when you went to check out the basement-there was no basement floor-just dirt!!

Now I know it can be escavated and a nice floor/room it could be but why on earth didn't the homeowner do that before he remodled the entire house??

So I would have to track all the debris thru the house??

YIKES!!!

The garage was huge...prob fit 4 cars inside. It would need to be cleaned, drywalled and heated to be a functional space.

On the house 2.

The next house is a few blocks away on Simpson. Its a average looking area-some nice home and some a little run down. We are looking at a completely remodeled twin. I was thinking no way, not an attached house?? The home was drop dead georgeous!! Very high end kitchen-3 LARGE bedrooms-finished basement and oversized one car garage.

Black granite counters-black appliances and a 5 burner stove!! Nice side yard porch-good size yard and a tall privacy fence...however from all the side windows you could see the next door nieghbor going to town, ehem if you are squeemish look away now...going to town with a hand saw dismantling, beheading, breaking down (oh I don't know what you call it) a freshly killed buck RIGHT IN THE DRIVEWAY!!!

Oy it was a little much for my city eyes to bear LOL!!

It was a man and his 12-13 yr old son.

I am not opposed to hunting at all just never saw that end of it. Plus here in Pa its not deer hunting season yet so I was not at all prepared for that.

Now I know why there was a tall fence on that side!!

House number 3 was on Military Drive. 3 VERY TINY bedrooms and a very old outdated kitchen. A huge fence yard and very large basement with paneling so they called it finished but no dining room.

The smell in the home made me ill. It was like air fresener mixed with some crazy chemical smell. The agent showing it said older folks lived there. I almost asked if they died there and if the bodies were still there the smell was so bad! My eyes were watering and I felt lightheaded.

When we returned home I sank into my recliner, looked around and thought "my house aint that bad" LOL!!!

I guess better luck next time!!

Cheers!

Susie

Comments (21)