SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

Specific questions on American Range -- not sold locally

sayde
15 years ago

Dear Sue, Johnny, Plumorchard,

I hope you will be kind enough to answer some specific questions as American Range isn't sold locally (upstate NY) but I am thinking seriously based on the great reviews here -- your reviews.

Please tell me about the knobs -- what are they made of? Come off to clean? Push in to turn? Infinitely adjustable? Stay cool?

Are the burners single or dual rings of flame? Is the ignition immediate? Are you happy with how low you can get the flame for simmering?

Please tell me about cleaning the grates -- are the grates shiny or dull? Can they be washed in the dishwasher? Will they fit?

Are the coils in the broiler sealed? Is the oven fan quiet? Do you feel air venting from the oven? I understand this is how ovens cool off -- just want to know as much as possible exactly what to expect.

How are you finding the oven racks? I wish they were going to do gliding racks but I don't think there are any plans for that.

I'm thinking of getting the 36 inch rangetop and the 30 inch electric wall oven which are supposed to be coming November and February.

Would greatly appreciate hearing all details about your experience with the American Range -- I've read through the posts and chatted with one of the people at the company and am feeling hopeful and nervous . . . . .

Comments (2)