SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgmarie

Bathroom- how to get a budget idea?

dgmarie
16 years ago

I'd like to update my late 1997's master bathroom. I do not want to move any plumbing (toilet, sinks, showers all stay where they are).

The bathroom is approximately 12 x 13 feet with an additional toilet closet. The room is 10' tall.

I'd like to replace the cabinet with similar but more updated, countertop with granite, new undermount white sinks, new faucets and new mirror. Toilet stays. I want to replace all the tile on the floor and in the shower, and get a new, glass, shower door. The shower is 8 x8 (two person, walk in shower) and there is no tub at all.

The tile on the floor is not on hardiboard; it was set on think plywood and has cracked tiles in a few places. I'd like to install the proper sub-flooring. I'd like 12 x 12 travertine tile or something that color/style.

I'd like to upgrade the exhaust fan in the toilet room (it vents externally but is loud) and add another fan/light above the shower to remove steam (assume this could be connected to the existing eterior exahust since the pipe runs over the shower anyway to the exterior wall).

Not interested in underfloor heating.

If I budgeted $15,000 for this would I be crazy? (Chicago suburbs)

Comments (14)