SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phooi_gw

Advice on Appliances for New Home

phooi
12 years ago

Sorry for the long post.

I'm new to the forum and am learning a ton about all the things within a home. My wife & I are in escrow on our first home and are planning to upgrade the kitchen -- new appliances, flooring, repainting cabinets and reconfiguring the island. We like to cook so thus the remodel.

The neighborhood is nice but home prices vary significantly so I don't want to overspend for the area. My goal is to build a solid, reasonable and reliable cooking kitchen.

The home currently has a 30" gas cooktop, OTR M/W, double wall ovens, SxS Fridge and D/W on the island. All the appliances are white Whirlpool. The current plan is to replace all of them with SS of various brands based on research I've conducted here and elsewhere. My hope is to leverage the collective wisdom of this fora in advising me on my appliance selection. I will post on the other boards for the other items.

So here is what I've come up with so far with budget figures: (Please feel free to reallocate budgets)

Replace 30" cooktop and OTR M/W with 30" rangetop (~$2k): KA 30" rangetop or Dacor disctinctive 30"

Hood (~$1k): Zephyr (600-715cfm)

Double ovens (~$4k): KA m/w+convection double oven or Elux equiv (The problem is deciding how to fit double ovens and a microwave. This is our current solution. I would love to hear other options.)

Fridge (~$2k): Samsung SxS counter depth (24.1cu ft) w/twin cooling + water/ice on outside

D/W (~$1K): Miele Inspira (entry model) or KA equiv

Washer/Dryer (~$2k): Whirlpool or Bosch

FYI - Everything I have listed here I have found discounts for so they all fall within the budgeted figures.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (17)