SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ericpd

LG French Door Model# LFX25950ST

ericpd
16 years ago

Home Depot was reducing refrigerators while we were visiting tonite,... a mission having absolutely nothing to do with refrigerators. Initially we had looked at a French Door Maytage also from Home Depot AND a Kenmore Elite model from Sears & Lowes, both with with indoor external Ice & Water dispensers. But when we saw that the LG had been reduced from $2299, then to $1799, and now to $1499 (and this is whether you get Smooth White, Black OR Titanium), it quickly jumped to the top of our list of things to get done. It is last year's model however and differs only in minor visible ways. The bottom freezer drawer is now a 'Tilt-down' affair, last year's wasn't, the on-door display selection buttons are now under a plastic membrane as opposed to last year's model sporting individual buttons (I like this better anyway), and unlike the closeout model, this year's model collects ice both on the inside of the left refrig door AND into a bucket in the bottom freezer. In fact, I'm really liking the way they do the ice making on the LG's and Kenmore way better than the Maytag approach. The huge Maytag ice making unit takes up a good portion of the refrig area to the left, whereas, on the LG and Kenore models, the ice maker, auger AND bucket is house in a fair sized compartment on the inside of the left door. The compartment even has it's own door sealing it from the warmer temps of the refrig. It's small and probably wouldn't help when visited by more than a few guests, but this year's model has the dual ice makers,... top AND bottom. Guest they've heard about that current owners! Other than that, they appear to be pretty much identical except for inside drawer and shelf design. Oh yeah,... and this year's model goes for $2399 in Titanium.

Would appreciate hearing of ANY good and/or bad experiences with this LG unit. Here is the model we're thinking of picking up tomorrow,... we will be getting the Titanium finish.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100591060

Also would like any experiences with the Kenmore Model# 77573 and the Maytag Model# MFI2568AES. The Kenmore strangly looks and feels like the LG. Fact is, I'm willing to bet that either the LG is made by Kenmore, or the Kenmore is made by LG. Their ice makers are identical. The Kenmore seems to be running 1 to 2 bucks more, but I'm not sure if that's name branding or if there's something not so visible that commands the price premium. The Maytag was greatly reduced in price as well, dropping from $2549 down to $1799 'til 11/01/07,... which is within our original budget of 2k and under for a new box.

So I guess after all that, what we're really seeking is confirmation that we're making the best purchase with the LG, given the budget.

Thanks folks!

Here is a link that might be useful: LG link

Comments (27)