SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jenirvt_gw

LG 20 cu ft. french door fridge?

14 years ago

Wondering if anyone has this model and how you like it? I couldn't find anything pertaining to this particular size when I did a search...

We bought our house 7 yrs ago and it came with a plain old white top-freezer fridge that, over the past couple weeks, has been dying a slow death. We have come home and found it intermittently not working (no light on and not cooling) which we can "fix" by positioning the cord a certain way, but now it intermittently makes a whirring/buzzing noise and this morning a bunch of icky black dusty stuff was blowing out of it. And, I found a crack in the black coating of the cord, which makes the copper wiring inside visible. We have no idea how old this fridge is, but I think it's time to ditch it.

Thing is, the "space" for the fridge is just slightly less than 32" wide. Since most fridges nowadays are almost 36" wide, there is no way we can fit one in our kitchen. Our cabinetry is fine and there is no way we are going to move that, so we just have to find a small fridge. However I'd like to keep the price reasonable...we are planning on putting the house up for sale in the next year or so, so I'd like to get something for under 2K. But since our oven and everything else is now stainless (after being replaced over the years) I'd like the stainless fridge too. The LG 20cu ft french door fridge seems perfect - only 30" wide so it will fit in our "fridge hole", and no water through the door, which is good b/c we aren't plumbed for that anyhow (house built in the 50's).

just wondering if anyone has this fridge and what you think of it's smaller size.

Comment