SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lpinkmountain

Cat dreams

lpinkmountain
15 years ago

Shaun you really did a number on my subconsious. I have had two cat dreams in the last three days. Both nightmares, lol! But then I'm under a lot of stress, so most of my dreams are nightmares. Funny the things I have to tell myself when I wake up. This morning I woke to a nightmare that I went in to work and all my students showed up for a meeting that I had forgotten to cancel! I had to mentally go over my week's schedule just to calm my panic attack. Oddly enough, when I did actually get to work, there was a snowstorm up in the Poconos, classes were being cancelled all over the place in reality!

Anyway, first dream was that I was visiting my folks back in Michigan for a week, but when I got there, I realized I had gotten a cat and forgot about it back at my house in PA. So I had left the cat in the house for a week with no food or water. I was so upset to think that I would come home to find a dead cat! I was desperately trying to get a hold of my neighbor to go check on the cat, hoping that I had left the toilet seat up so the cat could at least maybe think to get something to drink. But then I keep clorox tablets in my toilet tank and I imagined the poor cat dying from chlorine poisoning. I woke up in a cold sweat and it took me forever to remember that I did NOT HAVE a cat. At least not now.

The second dream was that I had a posessed cat. It would start out meowing real cute, and then get this evil tone and turn into devil cat and attack people. It was so funny to hear that cat in the dream. Again, I had to remind myself upon waking that there was no CAT in the house!

Am I crazy or what? I know the answer to that question--it's just rhetorical.

:)

Almost all my dreams have the same plot, I have forgotten some detail about something in my life, or some dark force out to get me. It's no big psychological mystery where it all comes from. This is what happens when you are working 70+ hours for three jobs, on the road for over 2 hours every day, and still going broke.

Comments (8)