SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cannes

Can use some feedback

cannes
11 years ago

My husband and I are in the planning stages of our bathroom remodel. The house was built in 1922 and last time the bathroom was remodeled was probably back in the 50's. This is the only full bath in the house. Therefor, we need to have everything in our possession before proceeding with demolition. As you can imagine, there is a lot of pre-planning to make this go smoothly.

We've narrowed down quite a bit already, but need some opinions to help finalize our decisions.

Fixture
We've decided on Hansgrohe Axor thermostatic fixtures for the bath/shower combo. However, we are undecided on a handshower. Is it worth the additional $500?

Medicine Cabinet
Because it's an old house and a smallish bathroom, we are planning to build in efficient storage. For a medicine cabinet, we are planning on a Robern Uplift. And above the toilet, a plain,flush mounted mirrored Robern cabinet. Too much mirror on one wall?

Sink/Vanity
I keep going back and forth over a wall mounted sink (simple, clean, spacious look) and a wall mounted vanity(additional storage). Both by Duravit.

Towel Warmer
We currently have a floor towel warmer and are planning on getting a wall mounted unit. We are looking at an Amba or Runtal. Any opinions?

Tiles
Should we tile the entire bathroom? Or just the bath/shower? And if we tile the walls of the entire bathroom, for cost, we'd rather not tile to the ceiling. Would it be ok to tile half way or 2/3 of the way up?

I'd love to hear all your thoughts and opinions. All advice is greatly appreciated. We've remodeled a kitchen and found it easy in comparison to this.

Comments (14)