SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suzieque_gw

General 'What to Buy' Question - Sorry!

suzieque
13 years ago

Ok, I know you probably don't like this kind of question because it's too subjective, the breadth of choices too great, etc. So, I'm apologizing in advance. If you're still with me, thank you.

It's time for a new computer. I currently have a Sony Vaio that I've had for about 3 years. Lots wrong with it, and I think it'd be more costly to have it fixed than to buy a new one. Plus, I want to get caught up technology-wise.

Here are my parameters:

- Must be a laptop; not a desktop

- Would like at least 15" screen

- I use it for personal web-surfing/reading/etc.

- No games (ok, an occasional Bubbles game or something simple like that - nothing that needs anything special)

- No need for Blueray (not even positive what it is)

- I use it also for work-from-home days; need to use MS Office Suite plus MS Project, Adobe, for example.

- Do not need to transport it any further than from couch to kitchen table on occasion

- I saw a fabulous touch screen monitor in the Sony store, but that is only avail. on their desktop model. Any other neat touch screens on a good laptop?

- Don't need or want webcam

- Speed is a priority (I hate to wait)

- RAM: I store some pics, one or 2 videos, mostly documents.

- $1,000 is my maximum (I know that MS software may be extra). Less is even better.

So - given that, if you have any thoughts as far as brand, capacity, functionality, specific model, I'd appreciate it. Of course I'll be shopping around but thought I'd throw this out there for your gurus.

Thanks -

Suzieque

Comments (15)