SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bibliomom

Interesting BlueStar Development ...

bibliomom
13 years ago

So, everyone knows about the frozen door hinge problem, right? Anyone ever heard of a frozen drip tray?

We've had one of the new 48" V1s installed almost two months, but with finishing the remodel and summer vacation, haven't really cooked on it until the last couple of weeks. Today I decided to clean out the drip tray under my griddle - and it won't budge. I mean, not an centimeter - it's like it's superglued to the frame. DH tried to pull on it and the whole stove moved.

We half disassembled it with no luck. We'll be emailing/calling support, but of course I didn't notice till late this afternoon.

What do you think the odds are that the drip pan ball bearings froze up because of the heat? The drip pan over the small oven still opens (though DH and I are in disagreement about whether or not it moves as far as it used to). But the tray under the griddle/over the main oven is just ... frozen. (And yes, we did check the internal pan inserts - they move just fine, it's the rolling tray.)

The whole thing just gets *so* hot - I was using the griddle and the oven at the same time and the knobs were pushing 170.

Who knows - maybe we'll luck out and a screw just came loose or something. (I know ... wishful thinking.) But seriously - are they *trying* to commit corporate suicide?

Just thought I'd add more fuel to the Culinarian vs. BlueStar fire.

Comments (2)