SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nc8861

bill & mongo - kerdi drain on mud bed - question with pics

nc8861
15 years ago

How do I post a picture????

I posted this over on johnbridge but sometimes I get faster respone here....Some closeup photos with questions.

First picture is showing the sand/crumbles I swept up on the deck mud after I let everything set & cure. Is this normal?

Second picture is one side of the kerdi drain which I feel pretty good about.

Last picture is the other side of the kerdi drain. It has a tiny (maybe 1/16") gap between the drain surface and the mud, along about 20% of the circumference on that side. I think it's where I pressed down the drain to set into the mud, and then when I released the drain came back to its natural slope but the mud was still depressed. This gap is tiny as you can see from the picture. But when you press on the drain, there is movement, though small. I'm wondering what to do about this? I'd love to just squeeze some thinset in there, but the gap is even too tiny to do that, unless you guys have ideas.....what do you all think? I have a little unmodified sitting around, I may mix up a handful and then just try to cram it in there as best I can so there's no movement. I'd like to have zero movement.

Comments (3)