SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fidoprincess

Grout and Glass questions! Bill or Mongo around?

fidoprincess
15 years ago

Need help choosing grout plus technical question for Bill or Mongo=I read that to install the glass tile on shower floor in a mud and lathe shower, bed has to cure a week but my tile guy says no? What do you think? Tile came yesterday and NO instructions-tiny little box-24 sheets and was $550. I want to be sure!!!

Grout Question:

Tiny master bath with modern white shower tile for the walls and bathroom floor, silver glass for the shower floor. I wanted to use light gray grout-specifically spectralock for the easy maintenance. Thinking even of adding silver dazzle to the floor since it is silver glass and might blend well but the sample hasn't come yet for me to look.

The problem-everyone is saying I HAVE to use white on shiny white wall tiles , gray will look stupid. I've looked at every picture of white tile with gray grout but it is all subway trying to get a "period" look which mine is not.

Other problem, bath floor and shower tile can be set with tiny joint but if I choose spectralock, they will have to be larger. We have hard water. If I use regular unsanded white grout for the walls, it won't stay white.

So what do I do? Use gray all over making the joints larger so I can use the spectralock? Heard white spectralock turns yellow, don't want that.

Grout the bathfloor and shower walls white, unsanded to have tiny joint lines? (Can't imagine white grout on the bathroom floor!) The tile is sitting here and I have to decided soon=ack. Thanks for your opinions.

Leaning towards using gray spectralock on the bathroom floor and shower floor and unsanded white for walls but is that weird to use two different kinds? Plus, my tile guy agreed to use it from the start with an upcharge but now he tells me he has NEVER used it! Makes me nervous. Not too late to get a different tile guy though.

I can't post pics of the tile but here is the link if you want to look, it's a pdf of the porcelanosa catalogue and my tile is pg 17.-cool, basket like texture=blanco meridian.

www.ribaproductselector.com/Document.aspx?ac=&t=8&f= COL110365.pdf&ci=10365&from=1

Here is the silver glass-mine is the 1X2

http://www.raffiglass.com/yossimetals.html

My vanity, curb and bench are black galaxy. My sink is red glass vessel and red blown glass vanity light.

Comments (10)