SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardengirl53_gw

Is it because we're women?

gardengirl53
13 years ago

To all of us women out there, dealing with all these men, do you think they meaning subs or whoever, give us a hard time or do not take us seriously because we're a woman?

I tell the cabinet maker, "this is what I want", he argues with me. I tell the plumber this is where I want the faucets, he argues with me. Why can't they just tell me what they think and why they think it and if I still want to do something the way I want, just say ok! If if means more money just say it's going to run such and such more money and if I think it's to much I'll say never mind. If I screw up and don't like what I've picked or done, I'll pay for it or deal with it.

I'm not saying I'm made of money, but it's my money! I say to my cabinet maker I want the vanity longer. He says, Oh no, the door will hit it. I say "I'll put a door stop there or deal with it" Still he argues with me. I say, I'll pay for the change, this is what I want. He still argues with me. Then they act like I'm completely unreasonable and a crazy person. Come on!!! It's exhausting, and I just know, I really just know it's because I'm a woman.

Any men out there have to deal with this? I'll bet your few and far between. Anyone want to weigh in?

Comments (27)