SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
a_girl_named_max

Budget Bath Remodel

a.girl.named.max
13 years ago

I need advice on updating a 1970 bathroom. I have a very modest budget so I'm keeping the existing ceramic floor, white toilet, and dark oak vanity. I think the best solution is to paint the vanity. If money permits maybe replace the vanity doors? The existing woodwork has a very dark Spanish Oak finish. The existing ceramic floor is white with a fine gray marble running through it. I'm going to try to attach some pictures of the bath in its current condition.

I'm replacing the tub, ceramic tile in the bath area, vanity top, two vanity sinks, mirror, lights, faucets, showerhead, and hardware. Oh .... and I have a problem with the walls. The walls were not properly prepped when the previous homeowner but up the wallpaper. There was no way to take off the wallpaper without taking off the paper on the sheetrock. There's no money in the budget to replace the sheet rock.

So I need advice with:

1. Color and finish on the existing vanity (DIY project)

2. Suggestions for the vanity doors

3. Color of new formica vanity top

5. Lights and mirrors

6. What to do with the walls (DIY project)

I need to write a scope of work so that general contractors can start giving me estimates ASAP.

Thank you so much for your advice. I'm really not good at this bath remodeling stuff.

A girl named "Max"

Here is a link that might be useful: Existing bath

Comments (11)