SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
summerc_gw

Need help brainstorming adding space to laundry room floor plan.

summerc
13 years ago

I found a floor plan for a house that we love everything EXCEPT the laundry room. I HATE it! Please look at these floor plans & see if you can help find alternatives for the laundry room.

A few thoughts we've had:

1. Build a hallway from where the existing laundry rm is & run it along garage wall to get into the area where the single garage is & build the laundry rm into that area. We then wouldn't use the 3rd garage stall for a vehicle & just use it as storage. A little odd, I know, but it would help me get the space I need.

2. Remove tub & rearrange master bath so that washer/dryer could be pushed back into the area where the shower is drawn in, then add 4 ft. into the garage & also push side of house out 2 ft. Then, of course that pushes the garage out 4 ft one way & 2 ft the other. *This is our inexperience coming through...does this mess w/ the roof line too much?*

3. Convert Bedroom # 3 into laundry room. I know this is an extremely odd location, but then I could do almost whatever I want as far as laundry room goes. When it comes time to resell, I will have it fixed up cute to market it as laundry/crafting room (scrapbooking). Will that hurt resell value?

Comments (4)