SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joanie24_gw

Semi Frameless Shower Door HELP!!!

joanie24
13 years ago

We are finishing a master bath remodel in a 1960's ranch style home. I've lurked for months on this forum - and gotten many,many wonderful ideas. Now, I need some help and advice.

The last piece has been installing the shower door for the walk-in shower- we chose a semi-frameless, slider- because the space was so narrow. The shower opening is about 53" The GC recommended the installer and his product.

It was installed yesterday - and it doesn't seem right or very stable . Both doors shake and rattle when sliding open - and the entry opening ended up being a little less than 22" when the door is slid open - so it is easy to hit the door when entering - which then rattles etc. The glass is 1/4" thick. The handle serves as the stopper when sliding open the door - which causes the other door to shake and rattle It also leaks-which obvioualy will be addressed.

I am soooo upset. Of course, I am being told that this is the nature of semi-frameless, sliding shower doors. Is it? What are my optionsor alternatives?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio