SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joanieboettcher

Kitchen remodel- appliance choices

joanieboettcher
11 years ago

Hi all,

We are hoping to start demo on our kitchen in November. I found this forum about a month ago and have been reading/ learning all I can about the different appliances I will need in our remodel. Our kitchen is original to 1967. Our house is located in an area where here are homes valued from $90,000 to multimillion (a block away.) our house is closer to the $300,000 range. Bottom line, I don't want to over do it, but my hubby and I like to cook and I love baking and we would like h best bang for our buck. Hope that is enough of a back story to start.

So, if pushed to select appliances today, because of current rebates/financing options, I would choose:

Refrigerator: Bosch B26FT70S for $2500

Dishwasher: HBL5460UC for $1750

Cooktop: Wolf CT30G/S for $1800

Single oven: Bosch HBL5460UC 30"

Convection Steam Oven: Wolf $3500

My kitchen is small. At first glance, it isn't too small until you take the tape measure out and start placing cabinets and appliances. I mention this because I selected a small cooktop and the two ovens.

I like to can vegetables and my husband is itching to use his wok on a more powerful cooktop that our current Amana. Are there better options that would meet our neds and still hold to $10,000 or less? Would we regret any of these choices? I realize any manufacturer can produce a lemon or an outstanding appliance on any given day.

You all are amazing and I look forward to a reply.

Comments (13)