SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soshh

Seeking help with vintage style baths & vanities

soshh
16 years ago

Hi all,

Our project is finally coming together. We have our plans and I'm working on finding materials.

The house is btw. 80 & 100 yrs old, eclectic with some craftsman details, some Victorian details, some Mission details, kind of an eclectic Spanish Colonial.

Both baths will have classic tile. Subway combined with 4x4s, etc. The hall bath will have some type of hex or mosaic tile. There is a stained glass window (PO made it probably in the 80s, it's not authentic) and I considered maybe adding some glass tile as accents to tie in the blues and greens of the window. For the master I might do a subtle crackle glaze. Here I am not sure what type of floor to do. I'd love for it to be a little more elegant than basic hex, but I am not inspired by much that I see. I'd love some input. I looked into slate or other dark stone and even terracotta (we have a Spanish tile roof) but it didn't seem to work with the subway tile, even with the crackle glaze.

Fixtures: I am looking into Hansgrohe, Grohe or GS for the faucets, tub, shower in both.

Toilets: Toto with G-Max unless I am convinced otherwise.

Bathtubs: Smaller tub will possibly be American Standard, from the Standard collection. I like the classic clean lines and nice depth.

Master bath, not sure. Kohler has a few in the size I need, 60x42.

Vanities: Help! Hall bath has an alcove where the vanity will fit wall to wall. It is 46 inches wide. I only want a single sink, but need to maximize storage because the linen closet is in the master bedroom. I was thinking of having shallow towers on top of the vanity (maybe 9-12 inches deep/wide) up to the ceiling to provide enough storage for 3 girls.

Master vanity will be 60 inches wide. I'd like some storage but we will also have a 3 foot wide storage closet in the bathroom, so I might do something with higher legs to heep it feeling open.

Has anyone ordered unfinished vanities online? I want wood but don't want to spend a fortune and thought I read about some online sources. Maybe Kitchen Cabinet Depot? I tried searching the forum but was unsuccessful.

I have been inspired by much of what I've seen here. I love looking at all the classic/vintage/retro baths and hope to add to the collection.

Thanks for any inspirational thoughts as we begin this journey!

Comments (21)