SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k9fan

Do you have a tub with interior armrests?

k9fan
12 years ago

I'm reposting this question in a different way in hopes of attracting more replies :-)

We are about to order an Americh Madison tub. We want a soaking tub (reasonably deep) that can also be our primary shower, so it shouldn't be so tall as to be difficult to step in and out of. The Madison is 15 3/4" to the overflow and 22" high, so it seems to fill the bill.

Now we are wondering whether we should get the 36" or 34" width. Because the tub has internal armrests (which we want), it is narrower inside than the overall width would suggest. The spec sheet says the 36" tub is 22" wide at the bottom and the 34" tub is 18" wide at the bottom. We are leaning toward the 34" tub but wonder if it will feel cramped. On the other hand, when I sat in the 36" tub, I thought it was a little wider than ideal.

If you have a tub with armrests, would you mind letting me know what the interior width is at the bottom and whether you are happy with that width or whether it feels too tight (or too generous, for that matter)? Thanks very much.

Comments (8)