SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patricianat

Need help with free-floating glass shelf

patricianat
16 years ago

or just a glass shelf, if I cannot do it freefloating. In my guest bath, the countertop is only 4-feet wide. Not much space to add toilette accoutrements and any "pretties." My DH thinks I have too much "stuff" on it for it to be practical.

I had an approximately 4-inch backsplash in the same granite as the countertop. I have a mirror (one which can be moved somewhat up if need be). I am thinking of adding a free-floating glass shelf or a glass shelf with corbels, etc., over the backsplash, under the mirror, i.e., between mirror and backsplash. I would like it to be wall-to-wall and just appearing to float but if that is not practical and I would like opines on that, can it be safely done with tempered glass on corbels of some kind or brackets? I am assuming the glass would need to be 1/4-inch thickness or more and approximately 6-8 inches deep x 48 inches (for the space).

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can do this when I get the glass cut, if this is the right thickness of glass, etc.

I want it to maybe hold a small tray of soaps, toothbrush holder, a container of shampoo, cream rinse, etc. I suppose I could do the guest hotel sizes if need be on a small tray. I just want the countertop to look pretty and add the toiletries on the shelf. This would probably only be used infrequently but my cats do junp up to this sink for water. They hate drinking from a bowl.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths