SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

Aggravated - plumbing not centered under medicine cabinet!

charlikin
15 years ago

I am just so aggravated with this bathroom at this point. Tonight was the first time I could actually walk into the bathroom since they started framing it. It's now framed and walled and tiled and grouted (and 5" narrow than it used to be). I'm paying the plumber a lot of extra money because he had to move the sink plumbing a couple of inches to accommodate my new wall-mount sink which is a few inches wider than my old one. I assume I'm paying the contractor quite a bit extra because the framing was a bigger job than anyone expected.

Well, the medicine cabinet is not centered over the plumbing. It's a 20" wide cabinet - the plumbing should be centered at 10". It's at 9". It's off by an INCH. This is a wall-mount sink - I can't hide the plumbing inside a vanity. It's all got to line up.

They had the sink. They had the medicine cabinet. They had printed spec sheets with all the measurements. They had complete control of where the plumbing got moved and where the medicine cabinet got framed. I don't know what went wrong here - I guess they're just challenged in using a ruler. It was completely obvious to me as soon as I stood in front of the medicine cabinet that it looked off.

The sink isn't installed yet, but I don't know what they can do to fix this. Obviously the plumbing can't be moved again - the wall is all closed off and tiled. Can they move the medicine cabinet? Can they still center the sink under the medicine cabinet and do something to fudge the position of the p-trap?

I am furious. There is no reason this should have gone wrong. There are things in there I don't like that they have reasons (lots of reasons) for, but this is something that should not have gone wrong.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH