SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davis_jones

Privacy Glass Partition (or other ideas) Needed

Davis Jones
10 years ago

I had asked for ideas couple months ago regarding bathroom layout and... layout is essentially done. That said I have an issue I am having trouble finding photos, etc showing possibilities.

I have 142 inches of wall space in which a toilet, tub (undermount) and shower must coexist. I THOUGHT I was going to have room for a thin knee wall between the tub and toilet (kneewall is NOT meant to allow one ot use toilet with anothe rin room.. it is however meant to (a) block view of toilet when entering room and (b) provide some privacy in event one is using toilet and someone walks in unexpectedly.

Without getting into layout or spacing I would very much like to know if anyone has used privacy glass to provide that partition. I could mount such on edge of granite deck surrounding tub (not thrilled conceptually), have frosted glass mounted inside wooden trim (matching cabinets), use acrylic/glass blocks on edge of tub, etc... just need a way to provide a thin barrier between tub and toilet. Absolutely no room for a true knee wall without sacrificing needed space from shower.

Any images, experiences appreciated. Need to make up my mind by tomorrow! Bathroom was gutted today and this came up.!

Comments (14)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor