SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msladybyte

My Vista issue....:-(

msladybyte
15 years ago

I installed Vista on my desktop about 3 months ago and absolutely love it...I had to buy a more aggressive video card, but it was well worth it. Then I installed in on my laptop....love it there too. I'm skipping along in my own little world not bothering a soul and get a pop-up that I have Vista updates...la la la...install updates...BANG!

My Microsoft Wireless Keyboard no longer functions!!!

I tried to roll back time but that didn't work. I got an alert that the keyboard wasn't working from Vista and asked permission to watch for the "fix"....I said yes and sure enough about 10 days later I'm told there is a fix and where to go get it....I did...still doesn't work. I go in and look at the list of now known compatible Microsoft Wireless Keyboards and the one I had was not on it...no drivers for it (even though I was alerted that there were updated drivers to fix the problem)...so I switched to another Microsoft Wireless Keyboard that WAS on the list...went back out and got the correct drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled....still doesn't work.

Each time you install this "fix", you have to uninstall it first and I've done it four times now and each time with the keyboard not plugged into the computer because, afterall, it doesn't work at all.

I feel I've done all of this correctly...and I'm sooooo ready to pull my hair out....I just have to believe that this is an error between the keyboard and the chair...I mean afterall, who would build an OS and under the same name build a wireless keyboard that are NOT compatible...surely not any company I know(LOL)....anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

MsLadybyte

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths