SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pepperidge_farm

My Kerdi wannabe question:

pepperidge_farm
15 years ago

so I have mentioned previously the fact that I have to use another type of shower pan, it has already been in the house for 10 months awaiting our use. It is a pre-slope pan, covered with redguard (http://www.showerbase2.com/uploads/TB_Installation_2008.pdf).

I would like to try to integrate Kerdi into the install, so I have a few questions ;-)

1) one thought was to use my base with the kerdi as one might with a tub surround (mongo had posted a cool diagram for that set-up) by doing Kerdi down to the floor and ending with kerdi-fix at the base/wall junction.

Does this sound possible? If not, why wouldn't it work?

2) my second possible thought was to use the standard clamping drain with either a "kerdi hat" that is tough to find, but then I could kerdi all the way to the drain, right? My understanding is it would work like a flashing? Is this reasonable to do? Is it overkill as the pan is already redguarded?

another product for this purpose is the NObleFlex drain flashing- is this like a kerdi hat? could I one use this together with kerdi over the pan?

If I am off base here, I can take the feedback...

Thanks!

Comments (6)