SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
willafields

island hood for 15 by 20 indoor grill

willafields
10 years ago

We have a 30 inch induction cooktop and a 15*20 Gaggenau indoor grill on an island. We installed a 48 inch Dakor table/downdraft vent. The vent works fine for the cooktop, but is totally inadequate for the grill. The vent is properly installed and working as it should. We now have to get some kind of hood if we want to use the grill for more than hot dogs. Do any of you have personal experience with cooking steaks and heavy foods on the Gaggenau indoor grill? What type of vent/hood do you have? Does it clear the smoke etc?

This has been an expensive error, and I want to install the correct vent. I've talked with the rep at Gaggenau (our sales person has not been helpful at all. He probably should have sold us the Gaggenau downdraft system on either side of the grill.). The kitchen remodel is complete and we really don't want to "remodel" the countertop and cabinets to install the downdraft system. I'm hoping to add a second vent system for just the grill.

We only need to vent the 15 inch grill area, and Gaggenau's vent hoods are at least 40 inches wide, same for Bosch and Thermador. I'm hoping to have a smaller chimney hood (30 or 36 inches) that isn't very intrusive, but still can exhaust/clean the air. Has anyone vented just the grill? Any advice for me? Any brands you recommend? I've seen Braun, Futuro-Futuro, and Modern-Aire for 30 inch hoods and high CFMs. Does anyone have any experience with these brands for an indoor grill?

Thanks!!!

Comments (19)