SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mommy2four_gw

Bosch D/W handle piece cracked off-anyone else??

mommy2four
15 years ago

As part of our kitchen remodel this past spring I purchased the Bosch Integra d/w model SHX45M05UC. It is stainless steel and has the towel rack type of handle. We moved back into our kitchen at the end of June so we had only been using the d/w for about two months when one day after I shut the door I heard something clink to the floor. I picked up a grey plastic piece and was trying to figure out what it had broken off of (surely not my new dishwasher!) and to my amazement, I realized it was a piece of one of the end caps where the handle connects to the front of the door. I was suprised it was plastic, I thought the whole front was stainless. I looked at the end cap on the other side of the handle and sure enough there were cracks on that one too so it was just a matter of time before that one would also break off. I called our authorized service company and they came out to replace the parts. The new parts were only replaced two weeks ago and I already see the start of a little crack on one of the end caps! I'm thinking this is a major design flaw. I didn't see anything on this forum so I googled 'Bosch handle cracks' and I see I am not the only one that this has happened to. I decided to call Bosch -- I was not impressed with their customer service. I was trying to tell the women what happened and she cut me off and told me to call my service company. I told her I already did that but now I see the start of a new crack and I want to know if anything is being done about the handle problem. She kept telling me to call my service company. She just wanted to hang up with me. I asked her if she was going to document my call regarding the cracked end caps and she said no, your service company does that. I realized I was getting no where so I called my service company. That representative (much nicer) told me they are just authorized dealers--they purchase their replacement parts from Bosch and notify them of the service call. She couldn't help me and said if I have a specific issue, I should call Bosch...

I'm frustrated. I didn't get anywhere and I know this is going to happen to me again. Am I just in the minority with this problem? Does anyone else have cracks?? I never would have noticed the cracks - it wasn't until the piece broke off that I did.

Other than the handle I have been very happy with dishwasher. It's very quiet, I haven't had any smell issues, and it dries just fine.

Any advice on what I should do next?? Thanks! Ann

Comments (46)