SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fool1977

A few Points on the Frigidaire All-Refrigerator/All-Freezer

fool1977
13 years ago

We recently purchased and installed the Frigidaire Pro all-freezer/all-refrigerator units with SS trim-kit. So far so awesome. They look amazing, are very quiet, and do what any working freezer and refrigerator do. They freeze things, and chill things.

It is believed by Sears sales people that the Kenmore Elites that look identical to the Frigidaire Pro's, are indeed the same appliance because they're both made by Frigidaire. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. The Kenmore units are not energy star rated. In fact, the Kenmore refrigerator uses 438 kWh/yr whereas the Frigidaire uses only 350.

A lot of anecdotal info points to these units not being the same either. Going online you can find numerous complaints about the Kenmore Elite being really loud, and not cold enough (refrigerator) and our Frigidaire units are quiet, and seems cold enough set on 4 out of 7. I suppose I could make it colder by turning it up.

I'm suspicious that the compressor and insulation is different between the Kenmore and Frigidaire and that explains why the Kenmore's are louder, less energy efficient, and supposedly less cold.

If anyone was having doubts about getting a more affordable all-freezer/all-refrigerator unit, you might want to explore getting the Frigidaire Pro's. They look amazing, and so far they work fine.

The Electrolux Twins are gorgeous as well and have more features, but they're far more expensive.

Comments (46)