SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwer2007

Yet another drawer dishwasher post

eleena
11 years ago

I have honestly searched but could not find answers to my questions.

What font clearance do dish drawers require?

A regular DW needs at least 25" for the door to fully open. I am hoping that the drawers need less.

I have been wanting a drawer DW *forever* for obvious reasons discussed in many posts here. We are a family of 3 and unless I am cooking multiple meals at once, it takes more than a day to fill the DW, so it starts smelling bad, so we run the DW less than half-full on most days. The Top Rack option does not help as the dinner plates and most of pots and pans do not fit there. And when I do cook for a "week", all the dishes and cookware do not fit the DW anyway, so we need to do two loads.

Also, DH unloads and loads the dishes at night, so they wait all day taking up counter space and sink space. I think that having two drawers would help with that.

However, every appliance manager we have talked to told us that having only drawers will impact the re-sale as people want a full-size DW.

And, if we need to run a full-load, it means running two separate motors, doesn't it? Which means more energy use.

Could someone address these concerns?

What are the other cons?

TIA!

Comments (10)