SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nicoletouk

Noisy Bosch Range! Normal? Replace with Kenmore or what?

nicoletouk
16 years ago

We ordered a Bosch DF slide-in from the Great Indoors. Last week they mistakenly delivered delivered an electric and told us to use it until they got another DF in stock (three weeks). So the range I am using isn't my permanent one, but I'm very worried that mine will be just as annoying. Because this sucker is LOUD.

The fan rattles and makes scraping noises for a few seconds starting up and slowing down. And then the fan is loudloudloud. (I don't now if it's the cooling fan or the convection fan.) Once I turn the oven off, the cooling fan then still runs for an hour and twenty minutes!! Loud enough that I need to turn up the TV in the next room.

I stopped at the Thermador/Bosch showroom and they told me that yes, it is possible for the fan to need to run that long. After baking something at 350 for 30 minutes? I find it ironic that a company that touts how quiet their dishwashers are makes a noisy stove!!

Should I expect my replacement range to be as noisy and run so long, or do the rattling fans indicate there are other problems?

I am torn about what to do because this is such a pretty range. I got the Titanium color and I love how it looks in my very white kitchen. Plus it has a nice big oven and powerful burners. I just don't know if I can listen to this thing for the next ten years.

If I decide to cancel the other one what do I replace it with?

* Jenn-Air is beautiful in the white floating glass but the quality is whack.

* Kitchen Aid is ugly. To me.

* GE Profile has curved handles which are all wrong.

* GE Cafe looks good and sounds good, but who wants to be a guinea pig?

Which all leads me to a Kenmore Elite. I have found one poster saying her/his Kenmore Elite is very quiet. I would love more feedback!

Anyone out there love their Kenmore DF? Anyone have a Kenmore PRO? Who can reassure me the new Bosch should be better?

Nicole

Here is a link that might be useful: Such a pretty Bosch range...

Comments (9)