SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
three_daisies

SO mad about my Bosch DW - I just want to throw it away....

three_daisies
14 years ago

Model SHE43 completely not cleaning now. It's the ONE appliance I'm keeping (or WAS keeping) in my kitchen (it's only about 18 months old)...and a worker leaned up against it and accidently started the wash cycle (with no detergent). I noticed it about 15 minutes into the normal cycle and turned it off.

Later I put detergent in it and re-started the cycle (with 94 minutes left). That has completely altered the DW. Not cleaning, detergent caked on the inside....My bowls still have chicken noodle soup grease on the inside. There is water going to the DW, I'm pretty sure, because it's wet inside.

I have NO idea why just finishing a cycle would do that to the DW! And the fact that it got turned on accidently so easily. I'm so mad I can barely see.

Also - the way it reeks of decay and stink when I put VERY well rinsed dishes in it (and don't start the cycle until late evening) is so annoying. It smells like a dead animal and I always clean out the food catcher thing (not that there's anything ever in there b/c I rinse the dishes so well).

I'm tempted to skip the $79 service call and who knows how expensive fix and try another brand. I've about had it.

Anyone have any ideas why the detergent would suddenly cake and fail to circulate?

Comments (12)