SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_parker4941

Will anything go right!

Rachel Parker
15 years ago

We just got our house painted. We thought it was going to be HardiPlank but it turned out to be Certainteed. On our list of selections it had HardiPlank with the HardiPlank colors listed to select from. It took my husband and I a few weeks to decide. The builder told us to look around the neighborhood to see if there was any house color we liked. The one we really liked was not a Hardi color, Almond. We could only chose a Hardi color so when we found out that we weren't getting Hardi we were fuming. Their explanation was that they hadn't used Hardi in 2 years. The selection sheet had the Hardi name but we were given Certainteed info paperwork after we signed the papers. Anyway we were okay as long as we got the Hardi color we chose. Let me say it is hard to choose from a little sample plank for color so they pulled a selection color list of all the houses in the neighborood for us and we found a house that had Navajo Beige. We wanted a creamy color that was yellow but with brown tones in it.

Well I drove up to the house yesterday and this is what I saw. A tan house! My husband justs laughs and says isn't Navajo Beige a tan! This other house was more yellow that had Navajo Beige. I think they just mixed the wrong color. I am freaking out. I know hopefully it will work out.

I talked yet again to the construction supervisor and he said he would get a sample of Navajo Beige and put it up to our house. He said that he has had to paint houses over before. As for their color list of all the houses in the neighborhood I am starting to believe it is not completely accurate as we have found a few other houses that are the color that they say they are. We really wanted a creamy yellow not bright yellow but the color we want is not a Hardi color. They have used the color before a couple of years ago. My husband said to just walk the painter over to the house where I like the color and say paint our house this color. I am so mad. Has anybody had to deal with this?

Our house color - Navajo Beige?

House that is supposed to be Navajo Beige?

{{gwi:1487669}}

Do they look the same? My child's school nurse said she thinks I need medication to calm my nerves through this time. I am just hoping it will getting easier and no more mistakes. HA!

Comments (15)