SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2fs2ns

Floor Plans...where to go next?

2fs2ns
11 years ago

So we've been on the hunt for a floor plan for about 8 months and we still haven't really found one that is exactly what we're looking for. Looking for a 3 bedroom, with a guest suite or a larger 4th bed for my inlaws to live in down the road. We can't afford to too too large, around 2500 sq ft livable, 3500 total under roof.

This Don Gardner Carinthia is pretty close, we're considering finishing out the screened in porch in the upper left and making that the in-law's space. (adding w/i closet and a bathroom.

Another idea would be to increase the size of the bedroom right below the screened in porch, incorporate the neighboring bathroom into that room, and then convert the bath between the other bed and study into a jack/jill setup. We'd still finish out the rest of the screened in porch, and make that our study room. We would also be using the E-Space in the kitchen as a pantry/powder room.

If we wanted to make some of these changes, would we have to buy the plans, and bring them to an architect to modify?

Is there some software out there that makes this process of cutting/chopping easier? I have autocad that I use for work stuff, but I'm no drafting genius by any means....

Little background info... This is our first house to really build ourselves, we've recently purchase 5 acres in north texas to build on. It's flat, with a couple creek/drainage areas and a small pond.

Comments (5)