SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baltymoron

new appliances report

baltymoron
14 years ago

I have just redone my kitchen and have all new appliances and wanted to post my opinions on each.

Wolf R366 Range

This is awesome. Not to say that other ranges aren't awesome, but this one looks great, the power from the burners is fantastic. This is a huge upgrade from our old GE range. 6 burners is great although they are closer together than 4 burners in a 30". Also, if you obsess over keeping everything very clean, this is a bit hard to keep the top spotless. It definitely shows grease and is a lot of work to keep clean. That said, it does a phenomenal job. The sides get hot when the oven is on. I think this is pretty standard, but I was a little concerned that it might not be good for the cabinets. I was reassured by my cabinet maker that this is OK>

Bosch SHV68E13UC dishwasher

This is the new integrated 3 shelf Bosch. I like it. It is very quiet and does a great job with the dishes. I will say that my old Kenmore did a good job, but this is better. I love the cutlery rack. I do hear a high pitched whine from the dw when running throughout the cycle. It is very quiet, and you might not notice it, but it sounds a bit like a fluorescent light bulb's whine. I'm not sure why, but It's something that I hear. You can easily be in the room with the dw and if the vent fan is on low, you barely notice the dw is running. Plastics do come out a bit damp. I just hold a cloth in one hand and dry them as they come out. If this would really bother you, avoid the European DWs.

Kitchenaid ksss42ftx fridge

It's a nice framed fridge. Less than a month old and still very quiet. It looks great and less than half the price of a SZ for a built in. Getting used to less front to back space than in a full depth. No complaints. One tricky part has been that there is a water filter at the bottom, so if you are thinking of putting any trim at the bottom, it has to be removable so that you can change the filter.

Dacor 48" island hood

Beautiful hood. Price was about 60% of what a ventahood or viking or other high end hood would cost. We needed an island hood as we put the R366 in a peninsula. I hadn't read any reviews of this hood, but it fit the bill. The first one we got was dented pretty badly and returned. This looks and seems to work very well. It provides very good light over the range and seems to have good power. I hope it lasts well. The filters are solid metal and can go in the dw. There are 2 filters and they cost $250 each, so I hope they last!

Dacor integrated warming drawer

No problems. It looks good and gets hot. Honestly, I've only used it once and put it in because I got a great deal on it and can use it for storage as well as warming. Probably it wasn't necessary but it may be nice now and then. No complaints but not much comment either.

Bosch HMB8050 convection mw with trim

So far so good. It is a very quiet microwave and seems to work well. That said, I have yet to even try convection mode. No complaints. It's hard to get too excited about a microwave, but I've had no problems with this one and it looks great built right into the cabinets above the warming drawer.

Comments (2)