SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gladahmae

shower tile layout question(s)

gladahmae
13 years ago

We're getting close to finishing up our new house, and I'm trying to come up with a shower tile layout that DH and I can agree upon.

We have all of the tile. We have these 4 glass tiles, and white squares (ceramic) that are the same size (3.5in squares).

We also have 1ft mosaic sheets in the first 3 colors of the glass tiles. They aren't mixed together, so I have sheets of the green, sheets of the aqua, and so on.

I would like to to a mosaic (using the sheets) on the wall that the showerhead comes out of. I would probably cut the sheets up into random shapes and fit them together. Yes. You can cringe. (Although, if that is completely unrealistic, i.e. the sheets would fall apart, please lmk.)

For the other 3 walls I want to use the white tile and randomly insert the 4 glass tiles. I would like to avoid stripes of color, but if that's what I have to do for the sake of practicality and sanity (this is DIY) I will.

DH can't picture how this would actually look, and thinks it would look bad/silly/busy. I've google searched a LOT trying to find something like this, and haven't really found anything.

Any thoughts or alternate ideas? Anyone know of a picture on a blog somewhere that google isn't finding for me?

Comment (1)