SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sparklekitty_gw

Kitchenaid Freezer Drawer - Have you had this problem?

sparklekitty
13 years ago

We just installed our new kitchen aid fridge with a bottom freezer drawer (model KBRS20EVMS4) and after day one, the drawer comes out a bit more on the left side when you pull anywhere on the handle slightly to the left of center. It is almost like it jumps some gears on the track. It makes a loud noise (ice being rattled?) and the door is on an angle when you look at it from the top, but it closes fine. The fridge is in the corner with a left handle, so when you are coming from the kitchen (or if you are 4 years old) you are likely to pull if off center.

I purchased it through Sears and had the repair guy out and he said it has seen this before and their is nothing he can do - ack - because it "still works fine." I am concerned that over time there will be wear to the gears (plastic) or they may even break and I will be stuck with a non-functioning freezer drawer. He said he had never seen that... hum.

I wanted to know if anyone with KA bottom freezers have had this problem, know about this problem, know if their is a remedy, or is in the know about this "feature." I plan on calling KA tomorrow, but I figured I would go to the real source (GWers :)

Cross-post on kitchens...Thanks

Comment