SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dudsiam

Shopping for a Laptop

dudsiam
14 years ago

I am in the market for a laptop and I would like some clues for what I need to look for. I am not necessarily wanting a brand name. I am wanting what to know things to intelligently compare brands. Years ago, when laptops were first coming out, our school district bought all the administrators a laptop. I could have almost put the darn thing in my hip pocket. The screen was tiny.....and the keyboard was almost impossible to type on. I did not like it. The first thing I did was to hook up a full-sized keyboard and a larger screen.

I will be using the laptop for internet and pictures. Weight is not really an issue....as long as I can carry it from one room to another. I will not be lugging it around at work.

Here are some of the differnces I have been running into and not understanding. First, Intel or AMD? Is Dual-Core pretty much standard? I would like a large screen. Is 17 inches too big? How can I be assured that a laptop has a full-sized keyboard?

I know there are other questions I should be asking, but I am not sure if I even know what I should be asking. What info would you be looking for when shopping for a laptop.

I thank you for your help.

Larry

Comments (8)