SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelntx_gw

Frustrated and need to vent

kelntx
16 years ago

I post more on this board about the house then I talk to DH about the house. No, just kidding. Here is my deal, I think I am over reacting and maybe this is normal. We really really like our builder. He is doing a great job with things but he is terrible at communicating with us. We were more then 2 months behind on our foundation mostly due to all the rain. We were ok with it since we knew the rain was putting everyone behind. BUT, now in the last month we have had the framing go up and the roof and that is it. The work mostly gets done on the weekends and the house sits all week. We have asked three times for rock samples so we can get that picked out and ordered. I have no idea what to expect next. Do the electrical guys come in now....I just don't know and I know it is my fault. We will ask him "what comes next" and we get short answers, the roof will go or we need to pick out rock. Blah blah blah. My sister told me we are being to laid back and I think we are and I think he has gotten use to us not complaining one bit. I am starting to feel like I am on the back burner. I do know for a fact we are the only new construction he has going on right now. I am also frustrated because when I ask DH to call him he just does not want to. It drives me nuts! He does not want to make him "mad". I say the heck with that! I am tired of driving 45 miles almost everyday to see nothing happening. I have not gone out there in the last 4 days because I can't stand being let down anymore. I called him this morning and left a message for him to call me back. He never did. (he does do this a lot) We figured out with the foundation if he does not have anything new to say then he does not call. My thinking is there are plenty of things to be done and we could not be waiting on just one sub! The well could be started, the septic, the rock, the electrical...I don't know! ARGH. The one thing that is bothering me more then anything is my good friend started her house 3 weeks after we broke ground they broke ground. They are done with their house. Only think they are waiting on is their counter tops and a few odds and ends that need to be taken care of. That is what is making this so hard for me, they are moving into their house in 2 weeks! Am I expecting to much? We closed on April 13 and broke land I think on the 17th. I guess I am just frustrated because everyone seems to be in contact a lot with their builder and all I would like is a weekly update and for DH to call and talk to him for once and not leave it up to me!

Whew, thanks for letting me get that off my chest! My little fingers were just typing as fast as they can. Thanks for 'listening'!

Comments (11)