SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kinshasa18

What to do with 200 4x4' terra cotta Talavera tiles?

kinshasa
14 years ago

OK, this is going to sound weird. When we did our bathroom remodel our contractor ordered about 40 terra cotta tiles and 16 sunflower tiles. The tile place ordered it and he picked it up assuming it was correct. When they finished there were TWO boxes of talavera tiles (100 each box) surplus. That's about $1200 worth of tile. Earlier I had called the tile place to find out what the invoice was for all the tile, and they said $300, which is right for the amount we ordered. I explained that we had way too much tile and they checked the invoice. The amount we ordered was correct and so was the price. So they called the talavera tile place and they had no idea why we had so much leftover. I wanted to be honest because frankly, I have no used for 200 4x4" terra cotta tiles, and I didn't want to be charged in the future for this tile I never ordered. After much back and forth, we were told to keep the tile. I guess the talevera tile place didn't care if someone on their end screwed up.

So what shall I do with it? I can't sell it on Ebay (too heavy to ship). I am in northern California. Each tile was about $6 so that's about $1200 worth of tile.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
John Romans Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full Service, Turn-Key Construction & Design Company