SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
edieallie

Building and Selling at same time-I am nuts!!

15 years ago

This is the first time that we have ever built a house (our 5th) while putting ours on the market we live in now at the same time. We have normally sold and stayed in a rental and THEN built. Now, I know why! It has been absolutely CRAZY around here. We put our house on the market about a week or so ago and realtors have showed it at least once or twice a day. We have a little boy who is so tired of me saying "Hurry! People are coming to look at the house! We've got to pick up and get out of here!". Needless to say, we do have four offers coming in tomorrow, so I guess it will be worth it, when this is a done deal.

But, getting it READY for the market took a lot of time, too. So, I haven't even picked out things that I need to know for the new house we are building. It is time for sheetrock and I don't know where or if I want wallpaper in some areas or the walls glazed. DH is asking and I haven't had a minute to think about it. In the past, have normally spent most of my time picking out just the right thing while all the while living in some crappy rental. Not having to worry about it being picked up or vacuumed or the mirrors sparkling. Also, it being summer, I have to make sure DS gets in his tennis lessons and swimming lessons. And, oh, now that he has learned how to swim, he wants to go EVERYDAY now, and me, feeling guilty about all this, ends up taking him. So, when am I suppose to pick all this out for our new home? Anyone feeling sorry for me yet??

Just to let people who are on the fence about doing what we did, DON'T! LOL!

Comments (8)