SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flash407

Crisis!

flash407
14 years ago

I have a client who used 5/8x5/8 crema marfil mosaic on all the walls in a small room that has a tub/shower and toilet. It is gorgeous but she complains it emits a smell of rotten eggs. It was faint and according to her has gotten stronger in the last few weeks. This bathroom hasn't been used except for the commode. There was no odor prior to remodel. She INSISTS it's the tile. The tile has been sealed but did smell prior to sealng. (I can't detect anything but I have a weak sense of smell) Tile supplier insists it isn't. The tile installer is at a loss. The carpenter/contractor is also at a loss but can smell it as well. We've been in the attic and no smell. We've also reinstalled a toilet in case there was a leak there. She is totally upset at me and I'm calling every person I can think of who could maybe figure something out. I have never experienced

this nor has anyone else.

So I call out to the GW community for any ideas. We've played out any possible reason (dead animal, leak in venting...) but the client insists it's the tile and is understandably frustrated. Any thoughts are really appreciated!!!!

Comments (27)