SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robinson622

Any ideas to improve this master bath layout?

robinson622
14 years ago

After getting wonderful advice on the kitchen forum for my kitchen layout, I thought I'd do the same here and see what you think about my master bath layout.

Here are some things you should know. The original closet came out as far as the linen closet, but I thought there should be a separate linen closet not just a walk-in. When I did that I realized how small my closet became. It is awfully skinny too, but not sure how to help that. DH and I will share the closet. I'm not one to have the need for a closet that big all to myself. Most of it will be mine anyway. DH is a P.E. teacher so t-shirts and sweats are his attire.

Also I bumped the bathroom into the bedroom some to give it more space. The wall was originally in line with the door to the bedroom.

The tub isn't a must. I really think I'd rather do without it. I know there is a big debate and many posts on this subject. I just know I have taken probably 2 baths in the 10 years I've lived in this house. Plus, money and budget is a concern. If anything I'd probaby like to have a larger shower. Not too huge!!

I've tried several layouts myself and I just can't decide. The most recent one I put the toilet where the tub is with possibly a door for privacy. DH says in our 13 years of marriage he's never been in the bathroom while I'm "busy" or vice versa. He's right, but don't we women second guess everything. I flip-flopped the sinks and the shower, put the linen closet and a towel bar where the toilet was and got rid of the tub. I don't know how to do the computer stuff to show that, but you can probably picture it.

Please understand that I'm considering any and all options. If you have an idea for moving the closet out of the bathroom, or walking through/by the closet to get to the bathroom, that is fine. I just may fall in love with those designs.

Thank you in advance for helping me. I feel like I've stared at this room for so long I can't see straight.

Lori

Here is a link that might be useful: master bath

Comments (10)