SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jane_o

how strong are wall-mount sinks?

jane-o
16 years ago

We're renovating all our bathrooms, and we're planning to have both upstairs sinks above vanities, but we're planning for the small downstairs bathroom to have a wall-mount sink, so that the space looks more open. Tonight when I went to brush my 6 year old's teeth, I found he had climbed up onto the sink in his bathroom. I have a 4 year old and a 6 year old, and we often have loads of kids over, and when I saw him do that I worried that a wall-mount sink will have me constantly telling guests to not climb up on the sink in the downstairs bathroom. It's not that I expect them to do it all the time, it's just that not worrying about telling people to be careful of my house is one of my priorities for this remodel. So I'm wondering if we should put a vanity in there so that I don't have to worry about it. How strong are wall-mount sinks? If more details are helpful, the one we're planning on is the lacava misura console. We could maybe get one of the "open" vanities to still have a light look, like the lacava "console" sink with wooden stand - or is that not really any better because it's just a wall-mounted sink with a wooden stand under it? (Does the stand add strength?)

thanks for any thoughts?

Here is a link that might be useful: lacava console with stand

Comments (16)