SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gringo50

Ethernet card failure

gringo50
14 years ago

WinXP Home SP2 Version 2002 Pent(R)4 cpu 1.80GHz 640MB RAM

D-Link-DFE530TX+ PCI Adapter

Discussed this computer in a prior post pertaining swapping out the psu. Everything works well except I can't get on the internet. In device manager there are two yellow (?)marks. One for the above PCI adapter and one for: 16MB ATI Rage128 Ultra. Could the latter be a graphics card?

Right now I'm more interested in getting on the internet.

This is a new NIC card and I can't get it installed properly. It goes well until the drivers begin loading but stops abruptly and advises that a problem ocurred and could not find a needed file. No name given for the file.

The same identical thing happened when I previously attempted to install Netgear 32Bit PCI Adapter 10/100mbps Fast Ethernet FA 311.

I have not contacted the manufacturers of the items. I feel that the cards are not at fault since I get the same results with each.

I forgot to mention that I had to replace the Cmos battery and set the time and date when I replaced the psu.

Can't blame any of you if you don't care to touch this one. It was most difficult for me to put into print and hopefully enough info to go on.

Comments (16)