SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaourika_gw

Unpleasant tight spot ruining everything!

kaourika
12 years ago

I love my to-be house, but this little hallway thing bugs me. A lot. Perhaps irrationally. I don't know, maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion. It's definitely not the worst thing in the world, it's just... unpleasant?

(Note: Those 2 closets and laundry are drawn separately, but I intend to combine them into one room, a laundry room with lots of closet-like storage.)

The hall is not terribly long, but it's kinda tight at only 42" wide, and there's a laundry room door on one side and a dropoff of basement stairs on the other. I see it as a potentially claustrophobic bottleneck that you're forced to squeeze through in order to get from one important area (entry) to another (kitchen/great room). I don't want to have to squeak by my laundry room and dark basement stairwell to get to the heart of my home.

My goal is something where one room flows into another. Not fully open concept, that's TOO open for me, but something free of halls and little tight spots. I feel like this hall is ruining that feeling, but I don't know how I can avoid it.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio