SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pammyfay

Mixing brushed chrome and chrome?

14 years ago

I've decided to change out my Moen Chateau faucets (sink and tub/shower setup) from old-looking, pitted, tarnished polished brass. And to change from the "waterdrop"-shaped pullout knob to a lever style (more contemporary, in my opinion).

I've found the lever faucet in a brushed chrome, which is a great match to my brushed chrome doorknobs and related closet knobs throughout the house, and I love that satin look.

But I haven't yet found the Moen trim kit for the tub/shower in that finish, so I might have to go with the regular polished chrome.

Mixing the 2 doesn't sound bad to me-- I think I could live with it! -- but what's your opinion?

When I look around at the bathrooms I have to redo, I see other things that will need to be changed out:

the towel rods, the above-the-sink lighting (currently I have the oh-so-70s "Hollywood" lighting strip, in brass of course). And with a quick look online, brushed chrome anything seems very hard to find; I did find some stainless stuff for rods, tho.

So it seems it would cause me less stress to go with the brushed chrome for the sink faucets (just to please my eye) and use the polished chrome for the rest of the bathroom (besides, the shower curtain is always closed, so I'll not be seeing the polished chrome all the time!)

Anything I'm overlooking? Any chance you've gone a more contemporary route and mixed it up this way? Any regrets?

Comments (3)