SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

Can a 10' tile saw blade *warp*?

mahatmacat1
13 years ago

Hi folks (Bill, mongo if you're still here, anyone else who knows saw blades),

I'm finally getting around to cutting the tile for DD's bath countertop behind her commode. I haven't been cutting anything longer than about 6" for a while because I'd been doing that mosaic liner. Anyway, I had lined everything up, made some test cuts on 12" lengths to assure straightness, and I am noticing that every time I get to the point where the whole blade is engaged, it starts pulling to the left! DH and I have tried realigning the tray several times, checking the carriage, using a long L-square each time...but even though the saw does fine for about 6", when the whole blade is in the tile it pulls to the left no matter how the tray is oriented (there's a little play in it so it--to move it side to side).

What the heck?! I will admit this is the tile blade I've been working with since 2006...yes...but I haven't done all that much on it, maybe a couple of rooms and the mosaic cutting (and some rock cutting), but not a ton of professional work like, well, pros. But is it possible it has warped? That's the only guess we have left now. It's bolted on tightly (we haven't taken it off and re-attached it yet--should we try that?), and of course you can't see a wobble or any kind of unevenness when you look at it or run it.

Do I need to get a new blade or is there something else I can do? It's a high end blade (the label's off now of course) and I was kind of hoping to make it through the entire house on one blade...

Comments (9)