SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annemouse

bath remodel - when to polish old marble?

annemouse
14 years ago

We are partly remodeling our bathroom. The tub stays in and so do the black marble tiles on the wall behind the tub and also on the floor. We are adding a shower where the bidet once was. Right now there is no toilet and no sink in the bathroom. The old tile just has been regrouted, the shower floor and wall with new marble are still waiting to be grouted.

My question now is in which order best to proceed.

The bathroom needs to be painted also on wall behind vanity and toilet that are to be installed

In order for the vanity to be put in we need the countertop guy to come and take measurements for the countertop first and once that is in place the plumber can install.

We still need showerdoors (measured and installed).

We need to get the marble floors and wall polished. I called one marble polisher who says he wants to be the very last one who works in the bathroom(after painting, vanity and toilet and showerdoors installed so that the other guys don't scratch the newly polished marble floor and walls). The other marble polisher says he wants to come now before everything is grouted, painted and installed so that he has free access to all the marble.

We do not know how messy polishing marble is going to be. I would hate it to see the fresh paint and new toilet etc scratched. Or will installing everything after the marble has been polished really scratch the marble again? What does seem more resonable?

If anyone could give me a hint on what steps should come next I would really appreciate it!!!

Comment (1)