SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie63_gw

Floor to ceiling 18' travertine tiles in 5' x 8' bathroom

annie63
14 years ago

I have a remodel underway. The bathroom is 5' x 8'. I have a great eye, but no experience, and made all the design decisions alone, and for the first time.

My goal was to get a spa/hotel-like feeling. Very minimalist. The original plan was to go all the way up the wall in the shower, and halfway up the wall throughout the rest of the room. Along the way I decided to tile all the way up the wall for a full floor to celing look.

Well, they have started, and there's no going back. I never thought about or allocated for, the (at least) 1/2 inch adhesive that they are using to hold the tiles in place. The tiles are 1/2" thick, and I was prepared to give up that space, but with the adhesive, I am now giving up around 2" of the 60" wide bathroom. All mirrors and lighting are removed, and I hope that when they go back up, the cavernous feeling will go away. There will be a large vanity mirror, a mirrored medicine cabinet, and there is a skylight. The fixtures will be shiny chrome--I'm hoping that will help.

If I could go back, knowing what I know now, I would have only tiled the floor. Can anyone make me feel better?

Comments (8)