SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonesoda

Kitchenaid, Electrolux, Ventahood comments/suggestions needed.

bonesoda
12 years ago

Hiya,

My house is quickly coming up where the appliances need to be picked...

I have spent the last few months reading a lot of comments and suggestions and absorbing information about various appliances.

I had initially picked kitchenaid for fridge, wall oven & dishwasher...

Now i am seriously considering (more than likely switching) my wall ovens to Elux (EW30EW65GS) cost difference is few hundred more and i can totally justify for even heat and less self clean issues.

The problem i run into is that my fridge is next to the oven and my KA fridge's handles (KBFS25EWMS) wont work with the ELUX. I can switch to a elux fridge but its about $900 dollars more for similar looking fridge (25 vs 28 cuft). What do you suggest in terms of matching handles and or getting the elux fridge... the model i will get (EI27BS16JS) will have no water dispenser but ice in the freezer. I like the elux esthetically but i am not sure if its worth the extra $900 just for good looks and more space?

Then i come to ventahood. Initially i was getting custom cabinetry for the hood liner but now i am thinking of just putting a stainless steele model and maybe get a 27" deep one (will be using a six burner culinarian without grill/griddle rangetop).

Also there is the magic lung vs the pro model with the traditional steele filters that can be washed.

I have also second guessed my KA diswasher (KUDE60HXSS) because of side venting and laundry machine from whirlpool to samsung or just bite the bullet and get the miele (Miele for me would be about twice as much as the samsung or whirlpool models).

dilemmas, any suggestions and comments are appreciated.

Comments (10)